Current legislation states that every electrical installation must be subject to initial and periodic audits in accordance with the methodology of ELOT HD 384.
The implementation of the ELOT HD384 standard has been mandatory since the 28th of February 2006. The ELOT HD384 standard defines and describes how the various audits are performed at the electrical installations.
The audits of electrical installations can be divided into the following three cases:
- Initial audit: must be carried out after the completion of the construction of every electrical installation, prior to the initial power supply, to verify that the requirements of the standard have been followed.
- Audit after extensions or modifications: it should be done after the completion of the relevant work and before the extension or the modified part of the installation is operational.
- Re-audit: should be done either at regular time periods, depending on the type of installation
The company provides inspection services both during the initial audit as well as the re-audit on electrical installations. During the electrical inspection qualified personnel of the company carries out the following checks, tests and measurements:
- Visual inspection: investigation of the electrical installation, and more particular the correct choice of materials and its proper assembly.
- Tests and measurements: The tests and measurements confirm the correct operation of the protection of the electrical installation. Using suitable certified instruments, the necessary measurements and tests are performed and then the obtained results are evaluated.
- The following tests and measurements are generally performed during an electrical inspection:
- Continuity verification test on the protective conductors and the main and supplementary equipotential connections
- Cable insulation resistance measurement
- Control test of the circuit split in the case of weak currents and in the case of protection with electrical separation.
- Verification of the protection conditions with automatical interruption of the power supply
- Operation checks
- Detection of voltage drop
- Leakage current check of differential switch
- During the inspection the company may carry out specific audits and measurements such as:
- Power quality analysis (Harmonics, Overcurrent, etc.)
- Energy Saving System Check
- Check of electrical installation of Medium Voltage
- Upon completion of the inspection, the company composes a protocol recording the results of the audits.
HD 384 inspection services provide significant added value to office buildings, hotels, department stores, industries and public spaces in general by ensuring, in addition to complying with the law, that:
- The chances of an accident are reduced
- Facilities’ insurance contracts are easier to obtain
- The quality of electrical installations is improving